Sunday, March 21, 2010

Great weekend

Daniel and I had a very productive weekend. Normally productive doesn't equal fun, but when you throw in a K-State win and decorating I generally have a good time. Daniel enjoyed the K-State game (and March Madness in general) more than the decorating, but he wins a husband of the year award for all his help. I think the thing I loved the most about the weekend was enjoying being with a person I take for granted more than I'd like to admit. A friend of mine got married this weekend and her facebook status a couple days before the wedding said something to the effect of "I'm getting married in two days...it's crazy how much you can love someone." Her status got me thinking about how I felt on my wedding day. It still makes me smile to think about all that happened that day. However, we humans have a way of letting stuff complicate the perfectly simple things in life. Daniel and I are very happy, but that doesn't mean there aren't evenings I'm more focused on work, supper, etc. than the joy I have in being married to a truly special person. So this weekend I wanted to take the opportunity to soak in how crazy it is to love someone so much. Now it's time to get some sleep and keep on enjoying the many ways in which I'm blessed and I mean that in the most non-cliche way possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment