Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day


Most girls want flowers, chocolate, or jewelry, but this Valentine's Day I couldn't have asked for anything more than what Daniel did for me. So we have a love seat/oversized chair in our living room. It's in great condition and has a pull out bed...BUT it is a little bold with a red, floral print. I don't want to pay to get it reupholstered, so a slipcover is the natural choice. I ordered one online, but it didn't quite work out the way I wanted. They happen to sell slipcovers at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I found a couple that I liked, but I couldn't tell which color would be better. I like shopping online and Daniel could be a spokesperson for it, but I still like to see and touch things in person. Unfortunately the closest Bed, Bath & Beyond is in Joplin, which is about an hour away. Not too bad except that I was asking Daniel to give up some of his Saturday to go shopping for home decor. I could tell he didn't want to, but he said he'd go for me...and Wendy's. We ate at Wendy's but didn't find the slipcover I had seen online. HOWEVER, we did get a shower curtain and accessories for the guest bathroom in our soon to be new house thanks only to Daniel. Although he was motivated to find one that wouldn't require him to paint the bathroom once we moved in, he still tried to find one I would like. I wasn't sold at first, but the more I looked and thought about it, I liked what he had chosen. I'll post a picture once we move and get it hung up. You might be thinking I'm nuts for buying stuff before we've offically closed on the house, and you're probably right, but if I find something I like, know it's something we'll need, and have driven an hour to the store I'm not one to sit back and wait. Oh, and the shower curtain was on clearance. Moral of the story is that I have one amazing husband...he also made me breakfast in bed this morning. I hope you all have felt some extra love this Valentine's weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment