Friday, February 19, 2010

That time of year

I'm not a person who gets sick, knock on wood, but about once a year I get a cold that slows me down. So here I sit at home in my sweats with a sore throat, running nose, sinus pressure, and headache. Jealous, right?!? Luckily I'm on a Sudafed and Motrin regiment and I'm sure that in a few days I'll be back at 100%.

On the bright side the 6th graders I subbed for on Wednesday and Thursday guessed that I was 27 or 30. Most people want to be younger, but for a girl who gets mistaken for a high school student on a regular basis 27 was wonderful to hear. Another high are the Olympics. Now I may not have the ability to compete as an Olympian, but I found myself identifying with the women who competed in the half pipe. Here's the connection, as Daniel and I get closer to closing on our house we've run into some road blocks that are leaving us a little uncertain about our financing. Needless to say it has been an up and down experience leaving us frustrated. As I was watching the women's half pipe I thought about how disappointed some of these ladies felt when they fell on jumps they had nailed thousands of times before. I was feeling disappointed about the uncertainty of financing and call me weird, but I wanted so badly for these women not to experience disappointment too. Unfortunately competition requires such disappointment and in effect it's what makes the games exciting. So here I am identifying with Olympians and experiencing a love/hate relationship with competition. Gotta love my life!

1 comment:

  1. Have Daniel make you some chicken soup.

    Buying your first house is a real test of your fortitude. Stay strong and try not to worry.

    ReplyDelete