Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Break

I normally consider Spring and Fall as equals for my favorite seasons, but as I look at the green grass and get ready to paint my toenails so they are ready for sandal weather, Spring definitely takes the cake. This past week was Sedan's spring break. My kids (students...Daniel always clarifies this when we're talking to people in public. I forget that people might assume I'm a mother of many) anyway...my kids asked me what I was doing for break and when I told them painting a closet, reading, napping, and shopping were my top priorities they looked at me like I had no life. I might have agreed with them on Tuesday when I had paint in my hair, my arms, feet, and stomach (I was wearing a shirt so I can't explain the stomach paint). It was quite a feat to clean up enough to get more paint and Sherwin Williams. However, after completing the closet I felt like a champion. Here are a couple before and after pictures.

You may argue that my effort was excessive since it's just a closet after all, but I assure you I can sleep better knowing that everything is as it should be (neat, organized, same color, etc.) I did put the clothes back in case you were wondering. I couldn't believe how many clothes Daniel and I had. I laid a few things out for Daniel to look through. I was pleased when I thought he had gotten rid of some shirt. Then, I look up at the top shelf of the closet and realized he simply put them back where I had taken them from. Luckily I'm not tall and it's out of sight out of mind for now.

My next project is getting our shutters and brick painted. Daniel and I have lived in our house for a year (yea!) and the biggest change we've made is the siding. With the siding change has come a need for the green shutters and blond brick to change also. I don't have pictures, but as soon as we're finished (hopefully this weekend) I will post before and after shots. I also decided that window boxes would also be a nice touch for our humble abode. I think we will be the best looking house on the block with the nursing home across the street coming in a close second. For those of you who don't know our surroundings, Daniel and I have no neighbors to the south and we're first house on the block.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Funny story about the sidewalk.

    I can't complain about no current updates as I'm sorry to say I hadn't read the last two posts until today.

    I do want to see pictures of the house though.

    Joplin stories.

    ReplyDelete