Saturday, April 17, 2010

Random Thoughts

I'd like to share a few of the thoughts from the CMA awards.

1. It's crazy that I know every word of some of the songs, but didn't have a clue what the singers looked like until tonight. I wouldn't have guessed that some of them looked the way they do. I wonder what people would think I would look like if they only knew my voice?

2. Are the seats comfortable?

3. How do you go about being one of the people who hands the awards to people? Is there a try out or is it just about who you know? I think I'd be pretty good at it...bucket list item, maybe.....

4. As great as it would be to win an award I think the next best thing is to be the wife of a winner because you a) an "I love you and couldn't do this with you" on national T.V. and b) you get to get all dressed up for a really fun concert.

5. I love country music.

In other news Daniel and I had a very productive weekend. I got the pleasure of mowing the grass and not on a riding mower. I thought it seemed more laborious than I remembered, but figured I was just out of shape. Little did I know the mower was not self propelled like the one from my childhood. Although my hands hurt today, I really feel a sense of accomplishment. Thus begins my love/hate relationship with mowing. Another accomplishment is a potential and probable job. I am waiting for the official okay from Sedan High School to be the Spanish teacher for next year. I know the excitement will wear off and the stress of being a first year teacher will be overwhelming at times, but as I sub I realize even more how much this is what I want to do, how much I care about these kids, and how much I sense the impact I have the opportunity to make. I know there are a lot of things people see in young people and popular culture for that matter that might raise some red flags about the direction we're headed as society. I have the same concerns when I see how cheap relationships and sex have become, how success is equated with money rather than integrity, and so on. Still, I wholeheartedly believe that I have been blessed with the opportunity to be a fork in the road for kids that might just direct them to something bigger than themselves...oh yeah and teach Spanish too.

Have a great week all!

1 comment:

  1. I heart reading your blog. Didn't know you had one until I stalked your facebook page. :)
    loved our convo tonight, you are always such an encouragement to me. keep on keepin on for jc. he'll rock your world.
    love you

    ReplyDelete